hello users welcome to gamer-avenue.net this site is up agian . don't be shy and start contribute agian . for any help msg Mroreniko or any other admin . thanks and have a great time !

China for Two Months

share your travel experiences
imprezza

China for Two Months

Postby imprezza » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello, during my travelling in Asia I spent two months in China. Below you can see my path, and all kinds of tips.

I travelled between August and October, the weather was perfect, The chinese holidays are in this part of the year as well, so pay attention for problematic transportation and accomodation.

I went from Beijing south east, to the Back-door area (back-door of tibet), I had planned to go to Guilin and the Yang Yang rice terrace but the busses were full so I took a flight for an amazing week in Shenghai.

The two months cost me 2000 U.S$, 1000$ per month.

General in , China, visiting things to do in China, Travel Blog, Share my Trip
0 0 +
Money

Student card! Guys, this can save you a lot of money. Even if you don't have one, arrange something. If you pass through Bangkok you can buy a fake one in the Kawasan st. with just pennies. If you arrive from Nepal you can also arrange something there. I traveled with a lady friend who showed her donor card... If you can invest in a card it's worth the money because of all of the student discounts you'll receive at every sight.
0 0 +
General

Facebook - no access. In respected guest houses you may have a blue dove symbol on the desktop, it's a VPN software which allows you access on to Facebook. Skype isn't a problem.
0 0 +
Assistance

Prepare yourself in advance for all possibilities - don't leave to go anywhere without knowing where you're headed, how to get there, how and and when you're coming back. If it's possible have it in Chinese as well.
0 0 +
Food

Restaurants - usually they don't have menus in English. You simply get inside the kitchen and point to the things you want. You get used to it quickly and it usually works somehow. If you are vegetarian have a written note in Chinese saying you don't eat meat, otherwise it's hard to explain.
0 0 +
General

Numbers- the Chinese don't count with fingers like westeren people so pay attention, and ask someone to teach you how to count in chinese so you can communicate. Sometimes the counting changes between the different districts.
0 0 +
Transportation

The train is very efficient. You can pre-order a train 10 days in advance. For a long ride it's worth taking the Sleeper (Hard Sleeper is also good, the Soft Sleeper isn't a must).

Internal flights aren't that expensive. It's worth checking flights in http://www.ctrip.com and http://www.elong.com.
0 0 +
Accommodations

You should book rooms in advance (China is different from India in that sense). There are numerous sites that are good for that - pagoda, hostelword, hostelbookers etc. You can also book by phone or email and save the site commission.
0 0 +
Beijing
- DAYS
Accommodations

It's highly recommended to book a room in advance. A super recommended place is the King Joy Hotel. It has dorms, an amazing hotel! Leo Hostel, and Three Legged Frog are also recommended. All of those hostels are in Qianman area, Beijing.
0 0 +
Transportation

In general, in Beijing it's very convenient to get around with the Subway, except for the airport (cost 25 yuan, cheap and fast). From each point to each point it costs 2 Yuan, cheap and comfortable.
0 0 +
Sightseeing

The forbidden city, the place of the former emperor.
You can take a tour from there to the great wall.
The Olympic village.

0 0 +
Shopping

Don't miss the silk market, 7 story mall, has everything! From socks to rifles' scopes. Great place for shopping for everything you need and gifts for your loved ones. (Line #1 in the subway, get down at Yonganli, the mall starts from the subway station). Don't forget to Bargain.
If you need sports and camping equipment you have Decathlon (line #4, get down at Gongyixiqao, take exit D and from there go another 250 meters, pass the great mall, and behind it on the right you'll find a blue sign with Decathlon written on it). The store has many other branches in Beijing and in China.

Return to “Traveling”